Main Forum
Page
of 4

When MoP launches, I will <blank>...

36 replies
222 posts
+14 recommends
Officer
I'm with Pretty...I'm gonna play WoW. I doubt I'll build a panda until day 3-4 or even later. I'm in beta, so I won't need an immediate panda fix. I'll prolly work on some low level toon and just enjoy the chat comments from peeps regarding the panda area. Because RL prevents me from raiding at this time, I'm not even going to hurry to max a high level toon.

So for those of you that are gonna build monks, test out the Blackout Kick on various races and the two sexes before settling on a race and sex. Right now in beta, you get the Blackout Kick at level 3, so you're not investing too much time to test.

The Tauren and Orc version of this kick is pathetic...mostly a shin kick that you'd give your brother or sister to get them him/her outta your way and not get in trouble with Mom. The male troll, male belf, female belf, female undead, and female panda have really nice moves for the Blackout Kick. Some of the toons have a 360 degree kick and others have a crescent kick. I have not checked out the male panda, female tauren or female troll for their Blackout Kick moves.
5648322tNVqs.png
Posted Apr 4, 12
0  recommends
8 posts
0 recommends
In MoP, I will be...stretched paper-thin on as many as three servers. (The good news is that that number's at least down to three.) Some prioritization will have to emerge from among (1) developing Wharr and taking in Horde-side content; (2) seeing the corresponding Alliance content on Stormrage; (3) new panda and new monk, which will likely be different characters, as "undead monk" is just an irresistable concept; (4) continuing with the Noharm-emulating project character I've been playing over on Wyrmrest Accord; and (5) working the crafting alts.

Wharr will almost certainly get most of the attention -- he's a leatherworker, and all those new leather-wearing rolls are going to want crafteds. My druid Zerocarbon may end up migrating to the second guild. Zero's a scribe, though, and I may want him in on some of that whole-glyph-system-overhaul action. But so far priorities are a guess, and guild needs yet unknown will decide them.
Posted Apr 7, 12
0  recommends
35 posts
+2 recommends
I'll be leveling up a panda monk tank primarily (still need the heirloom weapons, but I've got everything else). When the starting zones get too overcrowded I'll play with the new warlock mechanics (hoping to have my lock to 85 by MoP launch). Since I'm an unrepentant altoholic I'm sure I'll split time between my shaman, dk, and druid as well.

I know I'll also get distracted by the new shiny toys like the pet battles. I played with it just long enough on beta to realize I can no longer make fun of pokemon players with a clear conscious.
Posted Aug 24, 12
0  recommends
52 posts
+2 recommends
Classes start Monday and I'll be getting first major projects in to grade just as MoP hits. My plan is to focus on getting one 85 to 90. It's a bit up in the air which one that will be. I'm trying to get my new lock to 85 because it seems we have a lot of healers. Healing is my main activity though so I'll probably get my priest or shammy to 90 first and try out dps a 2nd spec. I'd like to level a monk but I'm going to wait until the mobs leave the baby leveling areas. Maybe Thanksgiving or Christmas break?
Posted Aug 25, 12
0  recommends
Kaels a
224 posts
+27 recommends
Admins
Officer
Admin
Wealtheow - unless you've put in significant time on the beta or PTR and know for sure that you enjoy the new lock design, I'd advise against putting all your eggs in that basket. It's...dramatically different, and many people who enjoy locks now do not enjoy them in MoP.

All the healing-hybrid DPS specs seem to be doing nicely, though. I don't think you can go wrong with Shadow/Balance/Ele/Ret.
Posted Aug 25, 12
0  recommends
52 posts
+2 recommends
Thanks for the tip, Kaels! That's a relief actually. I've been thinking about how all the things I'm vaguely learning about locks will change when the patch drops next week and have felt unsure about the learning curve. I'm glad the hybrid classes are doing well and will focus on the priest and shammy.
Posted Aug 25, 12
0  recommends
Kaels a
224 posts
+27 recommends
Admins
Officer
Admin
No problem! I just thought I should warn you because I'm also a healer who was seriously considering switching to my lock for MoP because of the overabundance of healers, and it wasn't until I actually got on the beta and realized I just didn't recognize (much less enjoy) the class anymore that I changed my mind.

You might end up liking it. Some people do. But I'd say that if you're going into the expansion without having seen the beta, you should go with one of the classes that's changing less and is less controversial.
Posted Aug 25, 12
0  recommends
Page
of 4
Notices